Posted By Laura Horstmann,
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Updated: Wednesday, October 01, 2014
| Comments (0)
On 10/2, we gathered at the Beverly Hills Hotel to discuss "hacking creativity" and how to shatter the limits of human potential with moderator Bryan Smith of 72andSunny, and keynotes Marc Eckō of Complex Media and Dr. Andrew Walshe of Red Bull. Here are seven takeaways from our speakers...
- Brands need to recognize what their utility is for consumers, not just focus on awareness via paid media.
- Your audience is diverse. Embrace the 'multi' of it all.
- Marketers should strive to get outside their comfort zone more often to achieve a deeper understanding of creativity.
- The mind creates problems that don't even exist.
- Key to success: Motivation, repetition, progression, feedback, and failure is ok.
- How to hack creativity? Everyone is creating. Don't need to be a painter to be creative. Get to it.
- If you're consistently perfect, then you don't have room to make mistakes and learn from them. It's about pushing through, and that's how you hack talent.
Maker.TV Interview with Andy Walshe
Maker.TV Interview with Marc Ecko
Thank you to our Speakers:Bryan Smith
(moderator), Co-Director of Strategy,
, Founder/Chief Brand Innovator
, Complex Media
Dr. Andrew Walshe
, Red Bull Stratos High Performance Director
, Red Bull
3 lessons on building your brand
by Agata Smieciuszewski, iMedia Connection
Hacking Creativity and Shattering the Limits of Human Potential
by Jeff Peterson, Primary Color
Thank you to our sponsors: