On 10/21, we got together at Red Bull Media House to discuss the future convergence of music and brands, and how brands enable the commercialization of music today. Here were the takeaways from the panel:
- Music is both experiential and connective
- It's important for agencies and brands to have a strong A&R department.
- It's not easy to be a matchmaker. To make magic happen, labels, brands and artists have to work together.
- The best relationship between a band and brand is when it begins organically and authentically. A band should find a brand compelling.
- A band can be unpredictable. How do you mitigate that? Sometimes you can't. It's about having a strong A&R and the right category from the start.
Bottom line for those in attendance, brands are looking to align with bands in an authentic way that helps them make an emotional connection with consumers!
Thank you to our speakers:
Dax Kimbrough, (moderator), Head of Marketing, PopStar Club
Sam Walsh, Executive Producer, Team One
Raymond Leon Roker, Director/Content Executive, Goldenvoice
Dennis Wolfe, Head of Music Content & Partnerships, Tongal
Thank you to Defiant the Lion for the live performance, and our host: