The battle for your eyes, heart, and wallet is being waged. Negative trends - fragmentation in broadcast and cable TV viewing, declining domestic theatrical attendance, and a disappearing DVD market are being countered by new platforms and alternatives. Mobile viewing, OTT services, MCNs, apps, etc. are all fighting for consumer attention.
Here were the highlights from the breakfast:
- Time Leake from RPA presented Cannes in 10 minutes
- Amy Elkins from STX wants marketers to focus on the bigger picture and keeping up with change. She says, "technology is the changing face of business."
- Our panel debated whether there should be one solid metric for measurement. While everyone had a different opinion, all agreed that ROI is part of the puzzle in determining the success of a campaign.
- According to David Baron from Hulu, a behavioral shift is happening in streaming. It's becoming more communal.
- Lastly, we got an insiders take on brand integration (Cadillac) from Entourage creator Doug Ellin and CCO Jae Goodman of CAA. Make sure to check out the 4 minute spot on YouTube!
Created by Zach Rosenberg, thinkLA Board Member and EVP, Chief Growth Officer at Horizon Media.
How Streaming is Taking Over by Agata Smieciuszewski, iMedia Connection
Thank you to our Speakers:
David Baron, VP of Content Partner Management, Hulu
Amy Elkins, Head of Media and Marketing Innovation, STX Entertainment
Doug Ellin, Director/Writer/Producer, HBO's "Entourage"
Jae Goodman, CCO & Co-Head, CAA
Tim Leake, SVP/Growth & Innovation, RPA
Thank you to our Moderator & Panelists:
Caty Burgess, Vice President, Media Strategies, The CW Network
Manish Gupta, Head of Insights and Analytics, Twitter
Rich Kim, VP / Media Director, Moxie
Abbey Thomas, Head of Entertainment and Auto, Tremor Video
Dounia Turrill, Senior Vice President, Client Insights, Nielsen
Thank you to our sponsors: