Discover a whole new level inside yourself.
Wednesday, September 7
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
13031 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90094
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Mindfulness is the ability to be aware of your thoughts and emotions without judging them. But do you know how it can impact your work, creativity, productivity, and your personal life?
Join thinkLA on the evening of Sept. 7 for an Introduction to Mindfulness workshop led by Allen Weiss Ph.D., InsightLA instructor, business professor at USC, and co-chair of Mindfulness USC.
Research is showing us that there are mental and physiological perks to mindfulness and meditation. People who practice mindfulness might actually sport a little more grey matter (which is a good thing) than their peers who shy away from trying. Mindfulness can improve our creativity, build skills needed for peak performance and dynamic leadership, and even help us sleep better. Who couldn't use that?
An Introduction to Mindfulness will tell you:
- What it is and is not
- The formal practice of mindfulness: what's involved
- Mindfulness of the breath, body, emotions, and thinking
- How to bring mindfulness into your daily life and work
Who is this class for?
Anyone who is interested in exploring Mindfulness (no prior experience necessary)
- Anyone who wants greater creative focus and clarity
- Individuals who are experiencing challenging work or personal situations
- Those who want to communicate more effectively
- Anyone who wants to be more productive and less distracted
- Anyone who wants enjoy their work and life more
This class is suited for all levels of experience.
- Help battle anxiety
- Learn the power of responding vs. reacting
- Develop a greater self-awareness
Improve communication skills
Enhance motivation and influence
- Develop better decision-making skills
Allen Weiss (BIO)
Senior Mindfulness Meditation Teacher
||Registration; light dinner; networking
* Join today to get up to 30% off event registration...and more!
Online event registration is available until 9:00 PM on the date displayed. Walk-In registration is available at most events.
CANCELLATION & RETURN CHECK POLICY
To cancel an event registration and receive a refund (less 5% handling fee) contact our office no later than 5 business days prior to the event date by 5:00PM PDT. No refunds will be issued after this time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel or for any registration questions. A $15 return check fee will be assessed on any dishonored checks.