A four-part series to transform how and when you speak-up.
Here's a fact that might hit home: Many women unknowingly stunt their career and professional relationships by holding back their ideas, opinions, questions and knowledge.
Do you have a professional goal but feel intimidated to go for it?
Do you want to share an idea but are afraid it will be rejected?
Is there a conversation you want to initiate but fear the consequences?
There is a way you can do all of these things without the worry, anxiety, or obsessing.
Imagine how your job, or even career, would change if you could approach even stressful situations with a confident, calm, and controlled voice.
This series will provide the powerful insights, techniques, and action steps needed to do just that.
WORKSHOP - Breaking Through the Silence
We’ll explore research and insights around women holding back vocally at work, discuss the consequences of it, why women do it, and then complete an exercise, including a group share, that will help women begin to shift into a higher level of vocal confidence.
WEBINAR #1 - Changing Your Inner Dialog to Optimize The Success Of Your Outer Dialog
When asked in Verbal Courage's survey why women hold back from speaking up, more often than not it was due to an internal block
(the inner critic) rather than external factors. This webinar will guide women to freeing themselves from the internal chatter that’s keeping them
silent, settling, and living small. We’ll explore what inner chatter is, how it affects your ability to speak up, and how to separate it from yourself in order to free your voice.
WEBINAR #2 - Five Mindsets of Ad Women and How They Affect How Others Perceive & Communicate with You
We’ll walk through five ways women think and show up at work, and how it affects the way their boss, collages, peers, etc. perceive and communicate with them. Attendees will learn how to play each level to optimize the success of their conversation and professional efforts.
WEBINAR #3 - Escape the Three Silent Killers Disturbing the Strength of Your Personal Brand
A powerful voice is a key component of an effective and memorable personal brand. During this webinar we’ll explore the three internal blocks women face when striving to communicate a confident, intelligent, and powerful personal brand and how to overcome them.
What Verbal Courage does for individuals:
• Increases your visibility, influence, and impact within your organization
• Empowers you to effectively communicate what is really on your mind
Increases the clarity and effectiveness of your messages
• Enhances trust and collaboration with your boss and colleagues
• Reduces stress and saves you time (by getting you out of your head and into forward action)
What Verbal Courage does for companies:
• Fuels creativity, discussion, and ideation among team members
• Brings diverse viewpoints into brainstorms and problem solving
• Opens the doors for employees to feel valued, heard, appreciated (the #1 thing women in advertising want from their job)
• Creates a company culture anchored in transparency & authenticity
What you'll learn:
• The top challenges women in advertising face when speaking up and how to overcome them
• Tools and techniques that enhance vocal confidence, even, during conversations with unpredictable outcomes
• Step-by- step, processes to shift beliefs that are holding back your vocal power
Chelsea Szabo (BIO)
Life & Career Coach
||Workshop + Webinar Series (3)
* Not a ThinkLA member? Join today to purchase tickets to member only events and get up to 30% off event registration.
Online event registration is available until 9:00 PM on the date displayed. Walk-In registration is available at most events.
CANCELLATION & RETURN CHECK POLICY
To cancel an event registration and to receive a full refund you must contact our office no later than 3 business days prior to the event date at 5:00PM PDT. No refunds will be issued after this time period. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel or for any registration questions. A $15 Return Check Fee will be assessed on any dishonored checks.