Over the course of four evenings in May, we held our bi-annual Presentation Skills Boot Camp at Team One in Playa Vista. Participants got a chance to practice and fine tune their pitching and public speaking skills in front of their industry peers. Here were some of the key takeaways:
- Overview of speaking styles
- The importance of presentation preparation and rehearsal
- The importance of body language and eye contact
- The art of storytelling
- The difference between solo & ensemble presentations
- How to use PowerPoint effectively and not as a distraction
Thank you to our instructor, Michael Weiss, and to Team One for hosting us.