Thank you to our attendees, vendors, and sponsors for making the Fourth Annual Programmatic Summit on Nov. 29 a huge success. 300+ brand marketers, media buyers, online publishers, ad networks, ad exchanges, and other solution providers participated in candid conversations surrounding data and privacy, transparency and brand safety, and the future of programmatic in media and marketing.
View the agenda for a recap of our sessions, and read about the Programmatic Summit speakers on the event page.
- Anna Bager, GM, Video & Mobile, IAB
- Leisha Bereson, VP, Group Director, Programmatic, Canvas Worldwide
- Marco Bianchi, Director of Exchange Partnerships & Analytics, Oath: A Verizon Company
- Dennis Buchheim, SVP & General Manager, IAB Tech Lab
- Tal Chalozin, Co-Founder and CTO, Innovid
- Scott Cunningham, Owner Cunningham.Tech Advisors
- Jennifer Derke, Director of Product, Programmatic & Data, IAB Tech Lab
- Anne Frisbie, SVP of Global Brand & Programmatic, InMobi
- Ross Geier, SVP, Programmatic Revenue, iHeartMedia
- Quentin George, Founder, \UNBOUND\
- Oksana Hickok, Digital Business, Transformation Leader, Publicis.Sapient
- Scott Messer, Vice President, Content Channels, Leaf Group
- Karin Mihkels, SVP, West Coast Programmatic, Cadreon
- Lorenzo Moreno, GM of Business Development for the Southwest Region, The Trade Desk
- Kristen O’Hara, CMO, Global Media, Time Warner Inc.
- Chris Pierantozzi, ECD, Saatchi & Saatchi LA
- Jay Sears, Group Head, SVP, Mastercard Ad Intelligence
- Doug Weaver, Founder and CEO, Upstream Group
Peoplematic: POV, Persuasion, Politics and the Future of Automation.
People, not technology, are the key component to the next iteration of programmatic We need smart people at the switches: to activate, challenge, push for transparency, and integrate technology and creativity.
Demystifying AI: A Deep Dive into the What, Why and How for Marketing & Media
Now is the time to invest in A/I. Your competitors are thinking about it. Dive in now to keep your competitive edge A.I. is going to touch every part of every business in the coming years. “A.I. is going to eat software.”
Commerce, Data, and Advertising’s Final Frontier: Defining the Currency of Today’s Programmatic Marketplace
It’s time to “stop the nonsense”. We have the capability to tie digital activation to actually, real-world, offline business outcomes. We are way beyond the click. The world is moving from venture backed companies to private equity and that means desired outcomes are value and margin not just exits. “Playing to win is a different game than playing to sell”.
Data-Driven Marketing: The End-Game of Automation: What does it mean, and how do we get there?
Building a results-oriented, data-driven marketing strategy requires laser-focus on four crucial components: data and measurement; people and process; technology and tools; media and creative.
A well-defined consumer journey helps showcase the strategic role of programmatic creative in driving customer experience and unites teams over a common goal.
There are a large number of considerations and data points to weigh when setting strategy and approach to execution.
As powerful as ad technology is, there is a crucial role for brand and agency teams to play in forming hypotheses, managing campaign optimizations, and informing future strategy.
Why Connected TV is Here and Now
Cord-cutting is on the rise, time spent watching “traditional TV” continues to shift, and connected TV viewers are a growing and valuable audience. Premium connected TV inventory must be part of your buying strategy. 10 million people will cut the cord during the next 10 years.
Data Deep-Dive: Segments, Models, Measurement and More
Data is not just the realm of the data scientists; you need to understand and be fluent in data terminology. Probabilistic and deterministic data are both first-party, just different aspects of it. CDP and DMP are different: your customer data platform and your data management platform need to perform in different ways.
Busting Myths about Programmatic TV/Video: What’s Hype, Hyperbole, and What’s Actually Happening?
There are many myths, misunderstandings, and a lot of confusion about digital video and OTT. It’s important to remember:
- Vertical video is highly effective with completion rates around 80%.
- “VPAID” is not synonymous with “viewability”.
- Programmatic is not simply for flat standard units. Highly interactive advertising can be part of the programmatic funnel.
GDPR (And Other Things That Go Bump in the Night)
GDRP will turn the collection of digital data from an opt-out market to an opt-in one where consumers opt-out by default. Under GDPR, users have the right to access, port, correct and erase their data. If you don’t respond to their requests, you are breaking the law, and penalties are severe.
|Chris Pierantozzi, ECD, Saatchi & Saatchi and Oksana Hickok, Digital Transformation Strategy and Execution, Publicis.Sapient
||Dennis Buchheim, SVP and GM, IAB Tech Lab, Jennifer Kyla Derke, Director of Product, Programmatic, IAB Tech Lab, and Leisha Bereson, VP, Group Director, Programmatic, Canvas Worldwide