We would like to extend a big thank you to Don Lupo for a highly educational session, at to Jukin Media for hosting the group.
We learned what it takes to make a digital project efficient and profitable, whether producing banners, a mobile app, or a website as well as the basics of the digital production process, how to estimate for projects, and why the client needs to pay for IA, UX, and QA, as every agency has challenges with digital production:
- Account does not always know it well
- Creative does not always follow best practices
- Finance doesn’t always know how to bill for it
- Very few people know how to make it profitable
Digital production can be far more complicated than anyone anticipates, but focusing on process can make it much easier. In this class, we discussed what it takes to not only get websites and banners out the door AND how to get them done efficiently and (hopefully) profitable.
- A clearer understanding of digital production process
- How to best utilize digital producers
- How proper estimating can save and make money
- Why you should fight for IA and QA when the client balks
- How to use consumer empathy to make a better digital product