FOR SUMMER INTERNS IN MEDIA, MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
Each night, interns will have the opportunity to connect with their fellow young professionals over snacks and cocktails while learning insider tips and tricks from more seasoned ad pros to help survive their first years in advertising.
They'll get inspired by industry experts across different disciplines, talents, races, genders, career paths, and more, and will gain a deeper understanding of the ad industry’s business practices and culture. The ultimate reward: the opportunity to have their résumés critiqued by top industry recruiters and HR professionals before they apply for their first job in advertising.
June 14, 2017 - How to Get the Most out of Your Internship
- Overcoming the 'Millennial Perception' (trust us, you need this)
- Staying motivated
- Etiquette in your internship
Zach Rosenberg | President, MBMG (moderator)
Nick Leal | Director Ad Sales, Hulu
Claire Thompson | Senior Strategist, VICE
Kristi VandenBosch | Chief Digital Officer, MXM
Jennifer Wong | Ad Operations, Snap, Inc.
Doner LA (view map)
5510 Lincoln Blvd., Floor 2
Los Angeles, CA 90094
June 28, 2017 - A Day in the Life \\ 360 View of Advertising
- How does a client's workday differ from a publisher's, or from a creative or a sales person?
- Meet a client, publisher, media agency executive, creative, sales person and production
- How do different facets collaborate and interact with one another
Eric Johnson | Founder & President, Ignited (moderator)
Bernice Chao | Associate Creative Director, David & Goliath
Matt Budke | Brand Partnership Director, West, Vix
Christopher Hand | Assistant Manager, Honda and Acura Social Media Marketing, Honda
Matt Lawler | VP, Social Strategy Canvas Worldwide
Sam Perlich | Senior Account Executive at xAd, Inc.
El Camp (view map)
2150 Park Pl.
El Segundo, CA 90245
July 12, 2017 - How to Land Your First Job in Advertising
- What is appropriate when reaching out to hiring managers?
- How to make your resume noticed
- Resume critique - bring your resume and a recruiter will tell you what they think!
Sepa Sete | VP, People, Innocean (moderator)
Laura Small | Vice President, Associate Director of Human Resources, RPA
Lisa Solomon | Vice President, Brand and Media Partnerships, Omaze
Heidi Williams | SVP, Director of Human Resources, Dailey Advertising
John Yi | Associate Director of Strategy, MBMG
Robin Zweig | Account Manager, Snap, Inc.
Leisha Bereson | Director, Platforms and Technologies, Canvas Worldwide
Gabby Gonzalez | HR Manager, Maxus,
Sara Michelson | VP, Senior Human Resources Manager, Deutsch
Amy Moorman | V.P., Director of Creative Services RPA
Zach Rosenberg | President, MBMG
Team One Advertising (view map)
13031 W Jefferson Blvd #800
Los Angeles, CA 90094
* Not a ThinkLA member? Join today
to purchase tickets to member only events and get up to 30% off event registration.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
MEET THE COMMITTEE
ThinkLA events are organized with the help of industry professionals. Many thanks to this committee:
- Jana Wentz | Account Director, RPA
- John Yi | Associate Director of Strategy, MBMG
- Matt Budke | Sales Director, Batanga Media
- Claire Thompson | Senior Strategist, VICE Media
- Stephanie Algutria | Sr. Specialist, Media Services, Merkle Inc.
- Whitney Donaldson | Marketing and Events Manager, Apica Systems
- Emily Hope | Events and Communications Manager, ThinkLA
CANCELLATION & RETURN CHECK POLICY
To cancel an event registration and to receive a refund (less a 3% processing fee), contact our office in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days prior to the event date at 5:00PM PDT. No refunds will be issued after this time period. A $15 Return Check Fee will be assessed on any dishonored checks.