Tuesday, June 25, 2019
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
12130 Millennium Dr
Los Angeles, California 90094
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Due to capacity limits, we ask companies to send no more than five employees to this event. To send more, please reach out to our Membership Manager, Jacqueline Watter, at email@example.com to discuss an exception.
When you break down the role of managers in today’s agency, one responsibility ought to rise above all others: Job One is to create the conditions under which the manager’s people can be successful.
And “successful” isn’t just getting things done. It’s doing it in a way that keeps team members engaged and growing. Not easy without some fundamental strategies.
Wiesner Consulting Group’s Managing for Growth workshop covers three essential areas that are directly connected to peoples’ growth and engagement:
Managing for Growth combines proven management models with practical exercises and simulations to help you see how to be a better boss to your people, and more effective – and comfortable -- in your role of manager.
- Goal Setting – Going beyond “SMART Goals” to really energize people, motivating them to learn and to succeed.
- Giving Feedback – One of the most difficult behaviors in today’s agencies, despite the best intentions. Yet, when done right, the most powerful tool for growth and engagement.
- Conflict Resolution – Whether with direct reports, across functions, or with clients, managers need these firefighting skills to keep their wits and keep everyone on track.
Who is this class for?
Junior to mid-level managers, especially those who are relatively new to managing people (versus projects).
Your direct reports are more engaged and energized. The manager has an easier time with key management responsibilities, leaving more time to do the real work of the agency.
What to Expect:
Tactics to put in place right away to be a better manager.
- The different motivations we all have that drive our performance and engagement at work
- A new way to think about setting goals that capture these motivations, really challenge your people to do well, and help them achieve meaningful outcomes
- A way to give and receive feedback that turns it into a learning opportunity that people are eager to engage in
- A way to approach difficult conversations that lead to better outcomes with less emotional stress
9:30 AM | Doors open, Coffee and pastries
10:00 AM | Class begins
12:00 - 12:45 PM | Networking, Lunch/beverages served
12:45 | Class resumes
4:30 PM | Class concludes
* Not a ThinkLA member? Join today to purchase tickets to member only events and get up to 30% off event registration.
CANCELLATION & RETURN CHECK POLICY
To cancel an event registration and to receive a refund (less a 3% processing fee), contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days prior to the event date. No refunds will be issued after this time period.