Wednesday, May 13, 2020
3108760650 x 226
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Due to capacity limits, we ask companies to send no more than five employees to this event. To send more, please reach out to our Membership Manager, Jacqueline Watter, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an exception.
Who Should Attend?
The class is ideal for junior staffers and people who have not had a lot of experience presenting in front of small to large groups.
- Impromptu Presentation Experience
- Real Time Critique and Feedback from Instructor and Peers
- Identifying weakness and strengths
- Overcoming Fear
- Tips & Tricks to boost confidence
What to Expect:
A one-day fully immersive class split up between lecture and exercises. The students will have the opportunity to learn presentation skills tips, tricks and theory and then use what they have learned by partaking in a handful of exercises where they will get up in front of the group and present. Exercises range from Storytelling, Eye Contact and On-The-Spot presentations. Theory focuses on 3 main elements: YOU (your style), THEM (the audience) and HOW (how to build a deck and how to deliver it). We also spend time identifying the 4 Personalities and how to serve each of their needs when presenting. The idea is to mix up the day with hands on training with lecture.
- Learning to identify and accept your speaking style
- The importance of presentation preparation and rehearsal
- Understanding the importance of body language and eye contact
- Learning the art of storytelling
- Understanding the difference between solo and ensemble presentations
- How to use PowerPoint effectively and not as a distraction
8:30 AM | Doors open, Coffee and pastries
9:00 AM | Class begins
12:00 - 1:00 PM | Networking, Lunch/beverages served
1:00 PM | Class resumes
4:00 PM | Class concludes
* Not a ThinkLA member? Join today
to purchase tickets at the member rate.
To cancel an event registration and to receive a refund (less a 3% processing fee), contact email@example.com no later than 3 business days prior to the event date. No refunds will be issued after this time period.
This is a safe space. ThinkLA does not tolerate harassment of any kind. If you find yourself in a situation where you feel uncomfortable, or you see something that needs attention, please find a ThinkLA staff members and we will help you immediately. Together, we can support each other and make our community and world a better place.