1. What would your pet say about you if we asked for a reference?
"He gives good scratches, but the food selection is less than gourmet. As a cat, I demand excellence."
2. Why did this type of work interest you, and how did you get started?
I worked for a trade association years ago, and it was a key experience in my life. I enjoy finding new ways to serve our members. I always approach work with the concept of "How can I help?", and I love advertising, so ThinkLA is a perfect fit for me.
3. What keeps you driven and motivated in your life at the moment?
Constantly learning new technologies, finding new ways to serve the industry, and helping others whenever I can.
4. Describe your life using film titles.
After searching for The Fifth Element, I was ready to Say Anything until I finally found The Queen, and she is Perfect for Me. It was Love at First Sight, felt like a Roman Holiday, and it didn't take 50 First Dates. Even though we are Beauty and the Beast, we often feel like Bonnie and Clyde.
5. If you could make a 20-second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
I would call myself before I ever moved to California and say, "You're going to go through a lot that will be very, very difficult. But if you persevere, you will end up so much better on the other side."
6. What’s the best advice you’d give to someone interested in this field?
"We are all in this together." What that means is: Work hard; be the best you can be; always be kind. This can be a very challenging industry, but if you constantly work to improve yourself and help others (colleagues and clients alike), you can make a difference. This is a wonderful industry; it has been very, very good to me. I would recommend it to anyone.