1. Why did this type of work interest you, and how did you get started?
I honestly fell into this industry. I had studied to be a news reporter and then after graduation, I decided that path was not for me. A good friend of mine contacted me about a media sales class at the UCLA extension center and the rest is history. I got my first industry job at OMD and that's how my love for the advertising industry was born.
2. What keeps you driven and motivated in your life at the moment?
My amazing new job and my wonderful fiancé.
3. Describe your life using film titles.
A true “Wonder Woman” born on “Pearl Harbor” Day, Jacqueline spent her early years working as a “Waitress” searching for her “La La Land”. Having a desire to move “Up”, Jacqueline followed her “Braveheart” to whatever adventure it may lead (Including being “An American in Paris”). She is extremely happy to be joining the team at ThinkLA. “Catch (her) If You Can”.
4. If you could make a 20-second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
I would like to call myself one year from now and say: "Hey Jacque! Hope you are doing great. Just wanted to remind you to keep smiling and enjoy every little moment. Life is beautiful and you are very blessed!"
5. What’s the best advice you’d give to someone interested in this field? Are there any written materials you suggest to read?
My advice would be to network, network, network! Get out there and start talking to people and keep your eyes open for any leads on job openings and just go for it! You never know where your life will take you unless you get out there and try.